Friday, October 30, 2020

Almost Halloween

 Halloween is tomorrow! Can you believe it? Even during the pandemic, time continues to fly by. Starting Sunday, the days will get darker earlier and I will be finding time to do beading or drawing or knitting in the studio with a good ( hopefully good ) Netflix movie or series on. What will you do for the winter nights? Just imagine, it will be warm and summery again before we know it.


While this picture may seem out of place on my blog, I love it. It is a friend's completed fence, or property screen is perhaps a better word; everything about it is inspirational to me. The contrast of the circles of wood against the open wire work of the structure, the negative space below- it all conspires to make me want the same imagery in my drawings and beadwork. You will just need to stay tuned to see what I come up with. I have to say the blue of that sky, the greens in the trees and the mellow brown color of the ground are also inspiring. Nobody does color like the natural world. 



So in our coming darker evenings and stay home time, enjoy these mellower moments, time to be creative and stay well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment