Wednesday, November 11, 2020

moving further in

 November has rolled around and with it, dark early evenings. Here in the Northwest it seems as if it is getting dark by mid afternoon and I reach for that cup of warming tea. Sometimes I dream I am living on the rugged coast of England in a stone cottage by the sea and I think of the mist rolling in as I settle down with beading or knitting, maybe even a good book. I think craft all the time, of course and lately I have been taking my two days off from the shop, we are actually closed for those two days, and spending most of the day in the studio. I have become addicted to British television shows and I am happy to put one on  the television and listen while I make jewelry or construct treasures. Sometimes I am just getting beads or gemstones ready to be sold in the shop. Nothing arrives in the bead store the way you see it in the shop. It must be strung or counted, tubed or looped, bagged or labeled. I like to do this work. I think I am putting love and energy into everything and it will leave my shop with its rightful new owner, imbued with energy for the the next incarnation of itself. 

My studio is divided into work areas. There is beading, sewing, needlepoint, drawing, metal work, resin work and the main work table is available for anything and everything and everything. This afternoon for 20 minutes, I found myself doing nothing. Just sitting and looking out the window. The pandemic has made me more introspective and I allow my mind to roam freely, giving it a little vacation. We have stellar jays all around the yard now as the neighbors have figured out the perfect snack for the, They are so blue and noisy and flighty and playful. Hypnotic in their little games. I can see them wearing little necklaces of crystal beads or maybe red. In my mind they are the women of the neighborhood, having their day at home, listening to the kids, planning meal, walking the dog. They are friends telling stories, sharing gossip, talking up their families and life in the 'hood. What fun and when they become bored and their talk is over; off they fly in swooping , graceful arcs.


Well, enough romance on this blog tonight. I will be taking pictures and adding to it later. I never seem to have pictures here on the computer although my mind is full of images. Happy November.




Herewith, I leave you a little dark night magic as these are glass glow in the dark beads! Just what a dark November night needs - captured sunlight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment