Friday, February 19, 2021

Ack! Already it is February!

 Even in the deep heart of winter, when much of the country is locked in snow and the days are growing longer a teeny bit at a time; life moves so quickly. 

Personally, I have absolutely been delighted that I am seeing so many friends and customers returning to their love of craft as they fill long hours away from close contact with others or they work from home. Craft, whether it be beading or embroidery or knitting or whatever, is soothing, familiar, and inspiring. A meditation of its own making. 

I have been reaching increasingly for a couple of crafts I have not done in many years - needlepoint and bead embroidery. I like the quiet, centering art of stitching. The building of a work a stitch at a time. The amount of thought I accomplish while stitching never ceases to astound me. I make daily plans. Future plans. Think about my family and friends. Come up with ideas for display for the bead shop or my yarn store. Tonight after work, I will work on our fabric and trim shop in the lobby and use the ideas that came into my head while stitching. It is particularly exciting to me to see young women and men, boys and girls, coming into the shop to pick up and learn a new craft like bead stringing or earring making. They are so dang creative! I can learn things from them too instead of just the other way around. They truly inspire and brighten my day.

Today is Friday so I will head into the shop at 2. We are supposed to have a trunk show box show up today of artisan handmade jewelry. Exciting! A Christmas in February!! I just know I will lust for all of the pieces! 

For the rest of this blog post, I am going to leave you with some photos which I hope will entice you to drop in and visit the shop. Let us see your face and show off your projects! I am always happy to share your photos too, so send along those pictures! If you can not stop by, we are always open on line at wynwoods.com or FB or Instagram. 

Happy February Love to all! 







This last picture is a throw back of a painting I sold in the 1990's.
My former high school math teacher was visiting from the east coast 
and bought it from my little third floor walkup gallery.
She just emailed this picture as a "do you remember ? "


No comments:

Post a Comment